- preserved in airtight cans or jars
- recorded for reproduction, as on radio or TV: canned commercials
- prepared for publication in a number of newspapers simultaneously: a canned editorial
See canned in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Preserved and sealed in a can or jar.
- Informal Recorded or taped for repeated use on television or radio: canned laughter.
a. Used repeatedly with little or no change: a canned speech.
b. Totally unoriginal; devoid of individuality: “Most [soundtrack albums] contain homogenized dance tracks that provide little more than canned excitement” (Boston Globe).
Learn more about canned