- preserved in airtight cans or jars
- Slang recorded for reproduction as on radio or TV: said of music, laughter, sound effects, etc.
- Preserved and sealed in a can or jar.
- Informal Recorded or taped for repeated use, as on television or radio: canned laughter.
- Informal a. Used repeatedly with little or no change: a canned speech.b. Totally unoriginal; devoid of individuality: “Most [soundtrack albums] contain homogenized dance tracks that provide little more than canned excitement” (Boston Globe).
- simple past tense and past participle of can