- a person who drinks
- a person who drinks alcoholic liquor habitually or excessively
- One that drinks.
- One who drinks alcoholic liquors, especially habitually or excessively: a hard drinker.
- Howie, only a sometimes drinker, consumed his share.
- He is at once the gigantic eater of Turpin, the huge warrior eight feet high, who could lift the armed knight standing on his open hand to a level with his head, the crusading conqueror of Jerusalem in days before the crusades, and yet with all this the temperate drinker and admirer of St Augustine, as his character had filtered down through various channels from the historical pages of Einhard.
- 1827) in France, in America of Edward Drinker Cope (1840-1897) and Othniel Charles Marsh (1831-1899).
- El Motaddid was a poet and a lover of letters, who was also a poisoner, a drinker of wine, a sceptic and treacherous to the utmost degree.
- A limited section of medical opinion has recommended China tea for reasons of health, and undoubtedly the inferior strength it possesses reduces the risk arising from improper use, but it also reduces the stimulating and comforting effects the ordinary tea-drinker hopes to experience.