- a worshiper of Bacchus; bacchant or bacchante
- a drunken carouser
- the Bacchanalia
- a dance or song in honor of Bacchus
- a drunken party; orgy
Origin of bacchanalL, place devoted to Bacchus
- of Bacchus or his worship; bacchanalian
- often bacchanals The Bacchanalia.
- A participant in the Bacchanalia.
- A drunken or riotous celebration.
- A reveler.
Origin of bacchanalFrom Latin Bacchanalia; see Bacchanalia.
(comparative more Bacchanal, superlative most Bacchanal)
- Alternative form of bacchanal.