To binge is defined as to overindulge in an activity or to do something to excess.verb
When you eat an entire bag of chips, this is an example of a time when you binge.
The definition of a binge is a short period of time when you indulge in a particular behavior to the point of excess.noun
A two-day period spent drinking a lot of alcohol is an example of a drinking binge.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a spree or bout of unrestrained imbibing or eating
- any completely unrestrained action: a shopping binge
Origin: ? < dial. binge, to soak
- binger noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A drunken spree or revel.
- a. A period of unrestrained, immoderate self-indulgence.b. A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink: an eating binge.
- To be immoderately self-indulgent and unrestrained: “The story is like a fever dream that a disturbed and imaginative city-dweller might have after binging on comics” (Lloyd Rose).
- To engage in excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink.
Origin: From dialectal binge, to soak.
- bingˈer noun