- The definition of a binge is a short period of time when you indulge in a particular behavior to the point of excess.
A two-day period spent drinking a lot of alcohol is an example of a drinking binge.
- To binge is defined as to overindulge in an activity or to do something to excess.
When you eat an entire bag of chips, this is an example of a time when you binge.
A woman binges on junk food and TV.
binge definition by Webster's New World
- a spree or bout of unrestrained imbibing or eating
- any completely unrestrained action: a shopping binge
Origin: uncertain or unknown; perhaps ; from dialect, dialectal binge, to soak
- binger noun
binge definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A drunken spree or revel.
- a. A period of unrestrained, immoderate self-indulgence.b. A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink: an eating binge.
- To be immoderately self-indulgent and unrestrained: “The story is like a fever dream that a disturbed and imaginative city-dweller might have after binging on comics” (Lloyd Rose).
- To engage in excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink.
Origin: From dialectal binge, to soak.
- bingˈer noun