- The definition of a babe is an infant or young child, or someone who is innocent and has very little life experience, or it is a term of endearment which is similar to the word "sweetheart."
- A 2 month old and a 2 year old are each an example of a babe.
- A new waiter with no experience is an example of a babe.
- Your husband can be an example of a babe; "Can you pick me up after work, babe?"
- In slang, a babe is an attractive individual.
George Clooney is an example of someone who many people call a babe.
A cute little babe.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a baby; infant
- a naive, gullible, or helpless personalso babe in the woods
- ☆ Slang a young woman, esp. an attractive one
Origin: ME; similar or akin to Welsh baban, Albanian bebe, Middle High German babe, old woman, Lithuanian boba, mother: ultimately imitation of baby talk
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A baby; an infant.
- An innocent or naive person.
- Slang A young woman.
- Informal Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
Origin: Middle English.