- The definition of a doll is a toy or puppet that looks like a human, or is slang for an attractive or helpful person.
- An example of a doll is a Barbie or a Cabbage Patch Kid.
- An example of a doll is a young man who eagerly provides rides to his grandparents whenever they need transportation.
Three antique dolls.
doll definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a child's toy, puppet, marionette, etc. made to resemble a human being
- a pretty but frivolous or silly young woman
- a pretty child
- Slang any girl or young woman
- Slang any attractive or lovable person
Origin: ; from Doll, nickname for Dorothy
transitive verb, intransitive verb
Informal to dress stylishly or showily: with up
doll definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A child's usually small toy having the likeness of a human.
- A pretty child.
- Slang a. An attractive person.b. A woman.c. A sweetheart or darling.d. A helpful or obliging person.
Origin: From Doll, nickname for Dorothy.