- The definition of a doll is a toy or puppet that looks like a human, or is slang for an attractive or helpful person.
- An example of a doll is a Barbie or a Cabbage Patch Kid.
- An example of a doll is a young man who eagerly provides rides to his grandparents whenever they need transportation.
Three antique dolls.
- a child's toy, puppet, marionette, etc. made to resemble a human being
- a pretty but frivolous or silly young woman
- a pretty child
- Slang any girl or young woman
- Slang any attractive or lovable person
Origin of doll; from Doll, nickname for Dorothy
- A figure having the likeness of a human, especially one used as a child's toy.
- Slang a. A person considered to be physically attractive.b. A woman.c. A helpful or obliging person: What a doll you've been in this crisis!d. Used as a term of endearment.
Origin of dollFrom Doll, nickname for Dorothy.
- A toy in the form of a human.
- (informal) Used to refer to or address a woman.
- (Australia) A term of endearment (ie. darling).
(third-person singular simple present dolls, present participle dolling, simple past and past participle dolled)
- (intransitive, followed by "up") To cause to be more beautiful of attractive. See also doll up.
From Doll, a popular pet form of Dorothy.