Sweetheart is a term for someone who is loved.noun
An example of sweetheart is what a woman may call her husband.
The definition of sweetheart is privileged treatment, often in an illegal or wrong way.adjective
An example of sweetheart used as an adjective is the phrase "sweetheart deals" which mean deals that give some people a better end of the bargain.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- someone with whom one is in love and by whom one is loved; lover
- darling: a term of endearment
- Slang a very agreeable person or an excellent thing
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One who is loved.
- Used as a familiar term of endearment.
- Informal a. A person regarded as generous or lovable.b. Something cherished for its excellent qualities.