- someone with whom one is in love and by whom one is loved; lover
- darling: a term of endearment
- Slang a very agreeable person or an excellent thing
- The definition of sweetheart is privileged treatment, often in an illegal or wrong way.
An example of sweetheart used as an adjective is the phrase "sweetheart deals" which mean deals that give some people a better end of the bargain.
- Sweetheart is a term for someone who is loved.
An example of sweetheart is what a woman may call her husband.
- One who is loved.
- Used as a familiar term of endearment.
- Informal a. A person regarded as generous or lovable.b. Something cherished for its excellent qualities.
- "C'mon, sweetheart," Jule said.
- Darling, sweetheart, come here!
- I'm sorry, sweetheart, but at least for now, I think it's better that you're not involved.
- "You need to get out of here, sweetheart!" he yelled and rolled to face the guardsman.
- Sweetheart, if I didn't feel sorry about that at some point during our marriage, I'd probably be the first man.