- a model of the human body, used by tailors, window dressers, artists, etc.
- a woman whose work is modeling clothes in stores, etc.
Origin of mannequinFrench ; from Dutch manneken: see manikin
- A life-size full or partial representation of the human body, used for the fitting or displaying of clothes; a dummy.
- A jointed model of the human body used by artists, especially to demonstrate the arrangement of drapery. Also called lay figure.
- One who models clothes; a model.
Origin of mannequinFrench, from Old French, little man, figurine, from Middle Dutch mannekijn; see manikin.