- having manners of a specified sort: used in hyphenated compounds: ill-mannered
- having or showing a specified manner: a solemnly mannered ceremony
- artificial, stylized, or affected: a mannered literary style
- Having manners of a specific kind: ill-mannered children.
- a. Having or showing a certain manner: a mild-mannered supervisor.b. Artificial or affected: mannered speech.
- Of, relating to, or exhibiting mannerisms.
(comparative more mannered, superlative most mannered)
- Having manners or (often excessive) mannerisms.
- His upbringing had led him to act in an overly mannered way.