Dean used to be self conscious of his eyes when he was younger but now he doesn't mind the color difference called Heterochromia Iridum because it's unique.
An example of a self conscious person is someone who is continually checking his appearance to make sure he looks OK and doesn't have something that could embarrass him.
- conscious or, esp., unduly conscious of oneself as an object of notice: a self-conscious poet
- awkward or embarrassed in the presence of others; ill at ease
- indicating embarrassment: a self-conscious cough
- having or showing awareness of one's own existence, actions, etc.; conscious of oneself
- Aware of oneself as an individual or of one's own being, actions, or thoughts.
- Socially ill at ease: The self-conscious teenager sat alone during lunch.
- Excessively conscious of one's appearance or manner: The self-conscious actor kept fixing his hair.
- Showing the effects of self-consciousness; stilted: self-conscious prose.
(comparative more selfconscious, superlative most selfconscious)
- Alternative spelling of self-conscious.
(comparative more self-conscious, superlative most self-conscious)
self- +"Ž conscious