- contrary to, or at variance with, nature; abnormal; strange
- artificial, affected, or strained: an unnatural smile
- characterized by a lack of the emotions, attitudes, or behavior regarded as natural, normal, or right
- abnormally evil or cruel
- a. Not in accordance with what usually occurs in nature: a tree with an unnatural shape.b. Not included in nature; artificial: detergents and other unnatural chemicals.
- a. Deviating from a behavioral or social norm: a child's unnatural attachment to a doll.b. Brutal or unfeeling: unnatural cruelty.
- Stilted, affected, or awkward: an unnatural smile.
(comparative more unnatural, superlative most unnatural)
un- +"Ž natural