- The definition of outlandish is something bizarre or ridiculously out-of-the-ordinary.
Abnormal, odd behavior is an example of behavior that would be described as outlandish.
outlandish definition by Webster's New World
- Archaic foreign; alien
- very odd, strange, or peculiar; fantastic; bizarre
- remote; out-of-the-way
Origin: Middle English utlandisch ; from Old English utlendisc ; from utland plush -isc, -ish
outlandish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Conspicuously unconventional; bizarre. See Synonyms at strange.
- Strikingly unfamiliar.
- Located far from civilized areas.
- Archaic Of foreign origin; not native.
- out·landˈish·ly adverb
- out·landˈish·ness noun