- The definition of insecure is having a lack of confidence, or exposed to danger or risk.
- An example of insecure is a person who always thinks that others are gossiping about her.
- An example of insecure is a military base without enough guards on duty.
- An example of insecure is a stack of money left out in a bank lobby.
- not safe from danger
- not confident; filled with anxieties; apprehensive
- not firm or dependable; unreliable
Origin: ML insecurus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Not sure or certain; doubtful: unemployed and facing an insecure future.
- Inadequately guarded or protected; unsafe: A shortage of military police made the air base insecure.
- Not firm or fixed; unsteady: an insecure foothold.
- a. Lacking stability; troubled: an insecure relationship.b. Lacking self-confidence; plagued by anxiety: had always felt insecure at parties.
- inˌse·cureˈly adverb
- inˌse·cureˈness noun
- inˌse·cuˈri·ty noun
insecure - Medical Definition
- Lacking emotional stability; not well-adjusted.
- Lacking self-confidence; plagued by anxiety.
- insecurity noun