- An example of guarded is when you are considering going on a trip but just aren't sure if it's the right choice.
- An example of guarded is when a doctor is cautiously optimsitic.
The definition of guarded is being cautious or nervous about something or what is going to happen, or is not openly jumping into something.
- kept safe; watched over and protected; defended
- kept from escape or trouble; held in check; supervised
- cautious; noncommittal: a guarded reply
- ⌂ serious and of uncertain prognosis: a patient in guarded condition
- Protected; defended.
- Watched over; supervised.
- Cautious; restrained: We view these changes with guarded optimism.
- simple past tense and past participle of guard