- The definition of dangerous is something that is potentially harmful, damaging or likely to cause an accident or injury.
- An example of dangerous is an angry bear coming towards you.
- An example of dangerous is making a decision sure to cause you to get into trouble.
- An example of dangerous is a car with bald tires.
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French dangereus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Involving or filled with danger; perilous.
- Being able or likely to do harm.
- danˈger·ous·ly adverb
- danˈger·ous·ness noun