- The definition of dangerous is something that is potentially harmful, damaging or likely to cause an accident or injury.
- An example of dangerous is an angry bear coming towards you.
- An example of dangerous is making a decision sure to cause you to get into trouble.
- An example of dangerous is a car with bald tires.
full of danger; likely to cause injury, pain, etc.; unsafe; perilous
Origin of dangerousMiddle English ; from Old French dangereus
- Involving or filled with danger; perilous.
- Being able or likely to do harm.
(comparative dangerouser or more dangerous, superlative dangerousest or most dangerous)