adventurous[ad ven′c̸hər əs, əd-]
- The definition of adventurous is someone who is willing to take chances.
- A person who will eat anything put on their plate is an adventurous eater.
- A sky diver is an example of an adventurous person.
- fond of adventure; willing to take chances; daring
- full of danger; risky
Origin of adventurousMiddle English aventurous ; from Old French aventuros ; from aventure, adventure
- Inclined to undertake new and daring enterprises: “routes first sailed &ellipsis; by another generation of tough, adventurous seafarers, the clipper men” (Tim Zimmermann).
- Requiring or characterized by boldness or daring; hazardous; risky: adventurous travels.
(comparative more adventurous, superlative most adventurous)
From Middle English aventurous, aunterous, from Old French aventuros (whence French aventureux)