- The definition of adventurous is someone who is willing to take chances.
- A person who will eat anything put on their plate is an adventurous eater.
- A sky diver is an example of an adventurous person.
adventurous definition by Webster's New World
- fond of adventure; willing to take chances; daring
- full of danger; risky
Origin: Middle English aventurous ; from Old French aventuros ; from aventure, adventure
adventurous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Inclined to undertake new and daring enterprises.
- Hazardous; risky.
- ad·venˈtur·ous·ly adverb
- ad·venˈtur·ous·ness noun