This is an audacious act.
- Wearing a very low cut dress to a conservative event is an example of audacious.
- A shy housewife traveling to a war torn country alone is an example of an audacious act.
The definition of audacious is bold, daring or fearless.
- bold or daring; fearless
- not restrained by a sense of shame or propriety; rudely bold; brazen
Origin of audaciousfrom Classical Latin audacia, audacity from audax (gen. audacis), bold from audere, to dare, be bold
- Fearlessly, often recklessly daring; bold. See Synonyms at adventurous. See Synonyms at brave.
- Unrestrained by convention or propriety; brazen or insolent: audacious rudeness.
- Spirited and original: an audacious interpretation of two Jacobean dramas.
Origin of audaciousFrench audacieux from Old French audace boldness from Latin audācia from audāx audāc- bold from audēre to dare from avidus avid ; see avid .
(comparative more audacious, superlative most audacious)