A person who publicly screams at his friend for a minor offense is an example of someone acting with audacity.
- bold courage; daring
- shameless or brazen boldness; insolence
- pl. -·ties an audacious act or remark
Origin of audacityMiddle English audacite ; from Classical Latin audacia: see audacious
- Fearless daring; intrepidity.
- Bold or insolent heedlessness of restraints, as of those imposed by prudence, propriety, or convention.
- An act or instance of intrepidity or insolent heedlessness: warned the students that any audacities committed during the graduation ceremony would be punished.