- of or involving chance
- risky; dangerous; perilous
The definition of hazardous is something dangerous or risky.
Behavior that could result in you getting hurt is an example of hazardous behavior.
- Marked by danger; perilous.
- Depending on chance; risky.
(comparative more hazardous, superlative most hazardous)
- Risky, dangerous, with the nature of a hazard.
- Exposing to loss or evil.
- Of or involving chance.
From Middle French hasardeux
- This somewhat hazardous pledge was nobly redeemed.
- Such a bridge is called a chimba-chaca, and is very hazardous for an unpractised foot.
- Lord Auckland forthwith resolved upon the hazardous plan of placing a more subservient ruler upon the throne of Kabul.
- But how late an echo it would be hazardous to decide.
- On this very day the small Desert Column started from Korti on its hazardous mission to the relief of a town fully 270 m.