- covered with hair; hirsute
- of or like hair
- Slang difficult, distressing, harrowing, etc.
- Covered with hair or hairlike projections: a hairy caterpillar.
- Consisting of or resembling hair: wore a hairy sweater.
- Slang Fraught with difficulties; hazardous: a hairy escape; hairy problems.
(comparative hairier, superlative hairiest)
- Of a person, having a lot of hair on the body.
- a hairy man
- Of an animal, having a lot of fur.
- hairy mammoth
- Of a body part other than the head, having hair growing from it.
- She is a great admirer of hairy chests.
- Difficult, complex, intricate, or intimidating.
- It’s a hairy problem, and will probably take several weeks to sort out.