- The definition of bald is to have an absence of hair.
An example of someone who is bald is Vin Diesel.
- To bald is to lose your hair.
An example of someone beginning to bald is a man whose hair is thinning and he is starting to have less hair on his head.
A bald man.
bald definition by Webster's New World
- having white fur or feathers on the head, as some animals and birds
- having no hair on all or part of the scalp
- not covered by natural growth: bald hills
- having the tread nearly or completely worn off: a bald tire
- bare; plain; unadorned: the bald facts
- frank and blunt: a bald statement
Origin: Middle English balled, associated, association with bal, ball, but probably ultimately ; from Indo-European base an unverified form bhel-, gleaming, white from source Classical Greek phalos, white, phalakros, bald, Old Prussian ballo, forehead
bald definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective bald·er, bald·est
- Lacking hair on the head.
- Lacking a natural or usual covering: a bald spot on the lawn.
- Lacking treads: a bald tire.
- Zoology Having white feathers or markings on the head, as in some birds or mammals.
- Lacking ornamentation; unadorned.
- Undisguised; blunt: a bald statement of policy.
Origin: Middle English balled, probably from bal, ball; see ball1.
- baldˈly adverb
- baldˈness noun
bald - Medical Definition