- of plants and plant life
- of or connected with the science of botany
- of or belonging to a botanical species
Origin of botanicalfrom obsolete botanic ( from French botanique from Classical Greek botanikos from botan?, a plant from boskein, to feed, graze) + -al
- bark or root matter, an herb, etc. used as a dietary supplement or as an ingredient in a drug, cosmetic preparation, etc.
- a drug, cosmetic preparation, dietary supplement, etc. containing or consisting of an herb or other botanical matter
- Of or relating to plants or plant life.
- Of or relating to the science of botany.
A drug, medicinal preparation, or similar substance obtained from a plant or plants.
Origin of botanicalFrom Late Latin botanicus from Greek botanikos from botanē fodder, plants
- Something derived from a botanical, especially herbal, source
botany + -ical