- reaching or having reached the state of puberty
- of, having to do with, or characteristic of puberty
- covered with a soft down, as many plants and insects
Origin of pubescentFrench from Classical Latin pubescens, present participle of pubescere, to reach puberty from pubes, adult, akin to puber: see puberty
- Reaching or having recently reached puberty.
- Covered with short hairs or soft down.
Origin of pubescentLatin pūbēscēns pūbēscent- present participle of pūbēscere to reach puberty from pūbēs adult
(comparative more pubescent, superlative most pubescent)
From Latin pubescens (“to become hairy, downy, or an adult")