- a male child from birth to the age of physical maturity; lad; youth
- a man regarded as immature or callow
- any man; fellow: familiar term
- a male domestic worker or servant: a patronizing term applied esp. by Caucasians to nonwhites
- a bellboy, messenger boy, etc.
- Informal a son: Mrs. Dill's oldest boy
Origin of boyMiddle English boie, servant, commoner, knave, boy from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Old French embuié, one fettered from embuier, to chain from em-, en- + Classical Latin boiae, fetters, origin, originally , leather collar for the neck from bos, ox, cow