- ☆ children
- ☆ people or things regarded as insignificant
- Small children.
- Young or small fish.
- People or things regarded as unimportant.
(plural small fry)
- One or more small or immature fish.
- (informal) One or more children.
- (idiomatic) One or more persons or things of relatively little consequence, importance, or value.
- The police did not arrest the drug dealer since he was small fry compared to his boss.
- These slot machines are just the small fry. The big games are in the back room.
- attributive form of small fry
- His small-fry status annoyed him to no end: he wanted to be a bigwig.