- An assistant is defined as a person who helps someone.
An example of an assistant is someone who comes to someone's home in order to help with household tasks when she is sick.
- The definition of an assistant is a person in a work setting who is inferior in rank and whose job it is to perform duties for someone else.
An example of an assistant is a secretary.
- Assistant means anything that helps something else.
An example of an assistant is a piece of technology that enables a student with cerebral palsy to communicate better with others.
- a person who assists or serves in a subordinate position; helper
- a thing that aids
- Holding an auxiliary position; subordinate.
- Giving aid; auxiliary.
From Middle French assistant, from assister.