- The definition of a lackey is a person who does your dirty work, or who does whatever you ask.
An example of your lackey is the guy you send to pick up your dry cleaning and take care of silly little tasks you don't feel like handling.
lackey definition by Webster's New World
- a male servant of low rank, usually in some sort of livery or uniform
- a follower who carries out another's orders like a servant; toady
Origin: French laquais, a lackey, soldier ; from Catalan alacay ; from Spanish lacayo, lackey, footman ; from Old Spanish alcayaz ; from Arabic alqā'īd: see alcaide
lackey definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. lack·eys
- A liveried male servant; a footman.
- A servile follower; a toady.
Origin: French laquais, from Old French.