The boss in charge at work who hands out assignments is an example of a supervisor.
- a person who supervises; superintendent; manager; director
- ⌂ in certain school systems, an official in charge of the courses of study for a particular subject and of all teachers of that subject
- One who supervises.
- One who is in charge of a particular department or unit, as in a governmental agency or school system.
- One who is an elected administrative officer in certain US counties and townships.
- (management) A person with the official task of overseeing the work of a person or group.
- A person who monitors someone to make sure they comply with rules or other requirements set for them.
- (US) In certain states, an elected member of the governing body for a county which is called the board of supervisors.