- The definition of a supervisor is a person who is in charge of overseeing and directing a project or people.
The boss in charge at work who hands out assignments is an example of a supervisor.
supervisor definition by Webster's New World
- a person who supervises; superintendent; manager; director
- ☆ in certain school systems, an official in charge of the courses of study for a particular subject and of all teachers of that subject
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- supervisory adjective
supervisor definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- One who supervises.
- One who is in charge of a particular department or unit, as in a governmental agency or school system.
- One who is an elected administrative officer in certain U.S. counties and townships.
- suˌper·viˈso·ry adjective