- The definition of a foreman is a person is who is charge of a project and of supervising other workers, or the person who is named to speak on behalf of the jury.
- An example of the foreman is the person who is the head of the construction crew and who tells all the other men what to do.
- An example of the foreman is the person who speaks to the judge on behalf of the jury during a criminal or civil trial.
The forman of a construction crew.
foreman definition by Webster's New World
noun pl. foremen
- the chairman and spokesman of a jury
- a person in charge of a department or group of workers in a factory, mill, etc.
Origin: origin, originally , foremost man, leader
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- foremanship noun
foreman definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A man who serves as the leader of a work crew, as in a factory.
- A man who chairs and speaks for a jury.
- foreˈman·shipˌ noun