- The definition of a director is someone who oversees a job or project.
- An example of a director is the head of a department.
- An example of a director is the person in charge of creating a movie.
- An example of a director is the leader of a symphony.
- the head of a project, bureau, school, etc.; supervisor
- a member of a board chosen to direct the affairs of a corporation or institution
- ☆ a person who directs a play, film, etc.
- Music a conductor
Origin of directorAnglo-French directour ; from Late Latin director
- One that supervises, controls, or manages.
- A member of a group of persons chosen to control or govern the affairs of an institution or corporation.
- A person who supervises the creative aspects of a dramatic production or film and instructs the actors and crew.
- The conductor of an orchestra or chorus.
- An electronic device that continually calculates and displays information used for firing weapons at moving targets, such as missiles or aircraft.
- One who directs; the person in charge of managing a department or directorate (e.g., director of engineering), project, or production (as in a show or film, e.g., film director).
- A device that displays graphical information concerning the targets of a weapons system in real time.
- (chemistry) The common axis of symmetry of the molecules of a liquid crystal.
From Anglo-Norman directour
director - Computer Definition
director - Legal Definition