- The definition of a director is someone who oversees a job or project.
- An example of a director is the head of a department.
- An example of a director is the person in charge of creating a movie.
- An example of a director is the leader of a symphony.
director definition by Webster's New World
- the head of a project, bureau, school, etc.; supervisor
- a member of a board chosen to direct the affairs of a corporation or institution
- ☆ a person who directs a play, film, etc.
- Music a conductor
Origin: Anglo-French directour ; from Late Latin director
- directorship noun
director definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that supervises, controls, or manages.
- A member of a group of persons chosen to control or govern the affairs of an institution or corporation.
- A person who supervises the creative aspects of a dramatic production or film and instructs the actors and crew.
- The conductor of an orchestra or chorus.
- An electronic device that continually calculates and displays information used for firing weapons at moving targets, such as missiles or aircraft.
- di·recˈtor·shipˌ noun
director - Business Definition
director - Computer Definition
director - Investment & Finance Definition
director - Legal Definition
director - Medical Definition