- The definition of an administrator is a person who is in a position of authority or who manages people, practices and policies.
An example of an administrator is a principal.
administrator definition by Webster's New World
- a person who administers
- an executive or official of a business, institution, etc.
- Law a person appointed by a court to settle an estate
administrator definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who administers, especially one who works as a manager in a business, government agency, or school.
- Law One appointed to administer an estate.
administrator - Computer Definition
A key role played by a computer professional who oversees the network operation, installs programs on a network, configures them for distribution, and updates security settings. These tasks can be performed on various levels. System administrators look after operating systems, and network administrators take care of the network devices. On the application layer, database administrators maintain database management systems, whereas Webmasters oversee Web applications, servers, and services.
A person responsible for managing a computer or network and who has full access to the hardware and software. Users are generally the administrators of their own computers, because fresh out of the box, whoever sets up the machine can create administrator privileges for the user. If the machines are company owned, users are given fewer privileges. For example, they cannot change certain permissions or internal files. See root level, privilege and access rights. There Are Different Kinds of Administrators In an organization's IT department, technicians often have administrator titles. See data administrator, database administrator, network administrator and system administrator.
administrator - Investment & Finance Definition
- A person who is appointed by a probate court to manage the settlement of an estate of someone who died intestate, or without a will. If there is a will, the person who settles the estate is an executor.
- A person who manages an organization, often a non-profit organization.
administrator - Legal Definition