- The definition of a worker is a person or animal that performs a specific or necessary task or who completes tasks in a certain way.
- A person who works in a store is an example of a retail worker.
- A person who works diligently on his homework for hours a day is an example of a hard worker.
- A bee who is responsible for building the nest is an example of a worker bee.
- a person, animal, or thing that works; specif., a person who is employed to do physical or mental work for wages, esp. in order to earn a living, as in a trade, industry, business, office, etc. or on a farm, ranch, etc.
- a person who works for a cause, organization, etc.: volunteer workers, a party worker
- any of a class of sterile or sexually imperfect ants, bees, wasps, etc. that do work for the colony: with the exception of termites, workers are normally females
- Printing an electrotype used to print from, as distinguished from one used as a mold for making duplicate electrotypes
a person who works in a (specified) industry or place or with (specified) materials or equipment: dockworker, steelworker
- a. One who works at a particular occupation or activity: an office worker.b. One who does manual or industrial labor.
- A member of the working class.
- A member of a colony of social insects such as ants, bees, wasps, or termites, usually a sterile or sexually immature female but in termites an individual of either sex, that performs specialized work such as building the nest, collecting and storing food, and feeding other members of the colony.
- A person who performs labor for his living, especially manual labor.
- A nonreproductive social insect, such as ant, bee, termite or wasp.
- (rare): A female ant, bee, termite or wasp.
- (computing) A thread performing one instance of a particular task within a program.
- This FTP client spawns a separate worker for each file to be uploaded.
work + -er.