- The definition of an actor is a person who does something, particularly someone who performs in a film or television show.
John Travolta and Johnny Deep are each an example of an actor.
Little actors onstage.
actor definition by Webster's New World
- a person who does something or participates in something
- a person, often, specif., a man, who acts in plays, movies, etc.
Origin: Middle English actour, a doer, steward, plaintiff ; from Classical Latin actor, a doer, advocate ; from actus: see act
actor definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A theatrical performer.
- One who takes part; a participant: “France, Britain . . . and any other external actors now involved . . . in the affairs of the continent” (Helen Kitchen).
- Law One, such as the manager of a business, who acts for another.
Origin: Middle English actour, doer, probably from Latin āctor, from āctus, past participle of agere, to drive, do; see ag- in Indo-European roots.
actor - Computer Definition
An earlier Windows object-oriented programming language for PCs developed by The Whitewater Group Inc., Evanston, IL.