- a person who organizes
- ☆ a labor-union official whose work is enlisting new members
- a device, usually with many compartments, for use in arranging items on a desktop, the contents of a closet, etc. more efficiently
- planner (sense )
- Embryology any portion of a developing embryo, or any substance produced by it, capable of inducing differentiation in other portions
- A person who arranges the details of a public event
- (computing) A hand-held micro-computer that will perform specific tasks; can be used as an electronic diary, alarm clock, recorder of memos and notes, a portable database etc.
- (medicine) A group of cells that, together with the evocator, control differentiation in the embryo; the inductor
organize + -er
organizer - Computer Definition
(1) Software that provides a calendar, to-do list and other daily management tools.
(2) A dedicated electronic device that is used to schedule appointments and tasks. Prior to the advent of smartphones, personal information managers (PIMs), which had a fixed number of functions, were very popular. After smartphones, dedicated portable devices such as the PIM, music player and GPS navigation units began to lose favor, because the smartphone could perform all those functions and countless others. See PIM and PDA. A Computer Is an Organizer The French word for computer is "ordinateur," which means organizer and is perhaps a better word for a device that is used so much for organization.