The Mafia is an example of organized crime.
Organized crime is illegal behavior that is planned and carried out by groups of people in a very systematic fashion.
An example of organized crime is the activities of money laundering done by the mafia.
a system or organization of people and groups engaged in criminal activities
- Crime committed by groups engaged in planned and sustained criminal activities.
- The people and the groups involved in such criminal activities.
- A set of large criminal organizations (often competing for markets and territories) that deal in illegal goods and services.
- Organized crime is largely responsible for the nation's illicit drug trafficking.
- The crimes perpetrated by those organizations.
- Organized crime has dramatically increased in our neighbourhood.
organized crime - Legal Definition
A widespread group of professional criminals who rely on illegal activities as a way of life and whose activities are coordinated and controlled through some form of centralized syndicate.