- Executive is defined as someone or something with administrative or managerial authority.
An example of executive is the CEO of a company.
- The definition of an executive is a person who has the authority to carry out administrative or managerial duties.
An example of executive is Barack Obama.
A group of business executives.
executive definition by Webster's New World
- of, capable of, or concerned with, carrying out duties, functions, etc. or managing affairs, as in a business organization
- empowered and required to administer (laws, government affairs, etc.); administrative
- of administrative or managerial personnel or functions
Origin: Middle English ; from Midieval Latin executivus ; from Classical Latin executus: see executor
- the person, group of people, or branch of government empowered and required to administer the laws and affairs of a nation
- any person whose function is to administer or manage affairs, as of a corporation, school, etc.
executive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A person or group having administrative or managerial authority in an organization.
- The chief officer of a government, state, or political division.
- The branch of government charged with putting into effect a country's laws and the administering of its functions.
- Computer Science A set of coded instructions designed to process and control other coded instructions.
- Of, relating to, capable of, or suited for carrying out or executing: an advisory body lacking executive powers.
- Having, characterized by, or relating to administrative or managerial authority: the executive director of a drama troupe; executive experience and skills.
- Of or relating to the branch of government charged with the execution and administration of the nation's laws.
Origin: Middle English, to be carried out, from Old French exécutif, from executer, to carry out; see execute.
executive - Business Definition
executive - Computer Definition
Refers to an operating system or only to the operating system's kernel.
executive - Legal Definition