- Executive is defined as someone or something with administrative or managerial authority.
An example of executive is the CEO of a company.
- The definition of an executive is a person who has the authority to carry out administrative or managerial duties.
An example of executive is Barack Obama.
A group of business executives.
- of, capable of, or concerned with, carrying out duties, functions, etc. or managing affairs, as in a business organization
- empowered and required to administer (laws, government affairs, etc.); administrative
- of administrative or managerial personnel or functions
Origin of executiveMiddle English ; from Medieval Latin executivus ; from Classical Latin executus: see executor
- the person, group of people, or branch of government empowered and required to administer the laws and affairs of a nation
- any person whose function is to administer or manage affairs, as of a corporation, school, etc.
- A person or group having administrative or managerial authority in an organization.
- The chief officer of a government, state, or political division.
- The branch of government charged with putting into effect a country's laws and the administering of its functions.
- Computers A set of coded instructions designed to process and control other coded instructions.
- Of, relating to, capable of, or suited for carrying out or executing: an advisory body lacking executive powers.
- Having, characterized by, or relating to administrative or managerial authority: the executive director of a drama troupe; executive experience and skills.
- Of or relating to the branch of government charged with the execution and administration of the nation's laws.
Origin of executiveMiddle English, to be carried out, from Old French exécutif, from executer, to carry out; see execute.
(comparative more executive, superlative most executive)
From Middle French executif.
executive - Computer Definition
Refers to an operating system or only to the operating system's kernel.
executive - Legal Definition