- a person who supervises; superintendent; manager; director
- in certain school systems, an official in charge of the courses of study for a particular subject and of all teachers of that subject
The definition of a supervisor is a person who is in charge of overseeing and directing a project or people.
The boss in charge at work who hands out assignments is an example of a supervisor.
- One who supervises.
- One who is in charge of a particular department or unit, as in a governmental agency or school system.
- One who is an elected administrative officer in certain US counties and townships.
- (management) A person with the official task of overseeing the work of a person or group.
- A person who monitors someone to make sure they comply with rules or other requirements set for them.
- (US) In certain states, an elected member of the governing body for a county which is called the board of supervisors.
supervisor - Computer Definition
- William Speer was supervisor and chief assayer of spirits in the port of Dublin.
- "I was going to ask to speak to her supervisor," he said, pouring a cup of coffee, "but I figured she'd say 'I are one.'"
- Baptista Boerio, the king's physician, engaged him to accompany his two sons thither as supervisor of their studies.
- Each district elects a supervisor for a term of four years, and the district supervisors constitute a county board of supervisors, which represents the county as a corporation, manages the county property and county business, levies the county taxes, audits the accounts of the county, and recommends for appointment by the circuit court a county surveyor and a county superintendent of the poor.
- County government exists under both the district-commissioner system and the township supervisor system, the latter being rare.