a person or thing that helps; esp., an assisting worker who is more or less unskilled
help + -er
- So far, wee Maria stood head and shoulders over any other domestic helper Bird Song had employed.
- He became Zwingli's best helper, and after more than a year of earnest preaching and four public disputations in which the popular verdict had been given in favour of Oecolampadius and his friends, the authorities of Basel began to see the necessity of some reformation.
- Fred, a casual helper, was off to the courthouse, but even without him they finished early.
- Dean was replenishing the coffee and setting plates for late breakfast arrivals when Maria, their newly hired helper, arrived.
- Lob) that "for Adam he found no helper (qualified) to match him."