- The definition of a realm is an area or a domain.
- An example of a realm is the general way to speak about a subject like science.
- An example of a realm is a geographical division of the earth.
- Realm is defined as an area of land overseen by a king or queen.
An example of a realm is a kingdom in a computer game.
realm definition by Webster's New World
- a kingdom
- a region; sphere; area: the realm of thought
- Ecol. any of the primary biogeographic regions of the earth
Origin: Middle English reame, later realme ; from Old French altered (by associated, association with reiel from source royal) ; from reaume ; from Classical Latin regimen, rule: see regimen
realm definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A community or territory over which a sovereign rules; a kingdom.
- A field, sphere, or province: the realm of science. See Synonyms at field.
Origin: Middle English realme, from Old French, alteration (influenced by Old French reial, royal) of Latin regimen, government, from regere, to rule; see reg- in Indo-European roots.