A group of people engaged in an exercise regimen.
The definition of a regimen is a system of eating and exercising for improving your health.
An example of a regimen is a daily practice of doing 100 jumping jacks each morning before you go on a three mile run.
- the act of governing; government; rule
- a particular system of government; regime
- a regulated system of diet, exercise, medication, etc. for therapy or the maintenance or improvement of health
Origin of regimenMiddle English from L, rule, government from regere, to rule: see right
- a. A regulated system, as of medication, diet, or exercise, used to promote health or treat illness or injury.b. A procedure, program, or routine: a regimen of mathematics seminars.
- A systematic way of managing something: a crop regimen.
- Archaic Governmental rule or control.
Origin of regimenMiddle English from Latin; see regime .
(plural regimens or regimina)