- When you are addicted to drugs and get sent to a facility to learn how to break your addiction, this is an example of rehab.
- When you have a stroke and have to learn to walk and talk again, this process is an example of rehab.
- Rehabilitation, especially a program of treatment for an injury or an addiction.
- Something, especially a building, that has undergone rehabilitation.
transitive verbre·habbed, re·hab·bing, re·habs
(third-person singular simple present rehabs, present participle rehabbing, simple past and past participle rehabbed)
- To rehabilitate.
- (law) Abbreviation of rehabilitation.
This is the customary abbreviation of this term as used in case citations. See, e.g., The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, Nineteenth Edition (2010), "Case Names and Institutional Authors in Citations", Table T6, p. 430-431.