Treatment is the manner in which something or a disease is cared for or dealt with.noun
- An example of treatment is when someone is cared for very well.
- An example of treatment is when you are given antibiotics for your illness.
- act, manner, method, etc. of treating, or dealing with, a person, thing, subject in art or literature, etc.
- medical, surgical, or cosmetic care, esp. a systematic course of this
- Film, TV an outline or prose summary prepared before the script, giving the story with characters, situations, etc. but often without dialogue and usually without separate shots indicated
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act, manner, or method of handling or dealing with someone or something: “the right to equal treatment in the criminal and juvenile justice system” (Susan C. Ross).b. Informal The usual methods of dealing with a given situation: gave the opposing team the treatment.
- a. Administration or application of remedies to a patient or for a disease or injury; medicinal or surgical management; therapy.b. The substance or remedy so applied.
- a. A written sketch outlining the plot, characters, and action for a screenplay but not including certain elements of a finished screenplay, such as camera directions and dialogue.b. An adaptation of a novel or other literary work that serves as the basis for a screenplay.
treatment - Medical Definition