- Treatment is the manner in which something or a disease is cared for or dealt with.
- An example of treatment is when someone is cared for very well.
- An example of treatment is when you are given antibiotics for your illness.
- act, manner, method, etc. of treating, or dealing with, a person, thing, subject in art or literature, etc.
- medical, surgical, or cosmetic care, esp. a systematic course of this
- Film, TV an outline or prose summary prepared before the script, giving the story with characters, situations, etc. but often without dialogue and usually without separate shots indicated
- a. The act, manner, or method of handling or dealing with someone or something: “the right to equal treatment in the criminal and juvenile justice system” (Susan C. Ross).b. Informal The usual methods of dealing with a given situation: gave the opposing team the treatment.
- a. The use of an agent, procedure, or regimen, such as a drug, surgery, or exercise, in an attempt to cure or mitigate a disease, condition, or injury.b. The agent, procedure, or regimen so used.
- a. A written sketch outlining the plot, characters, and action for a screenplay but not including certain elements of a finished screenplay, such as camera directions and dialogue.b. An adaptation of a novel or other literary work that serves as the basis for a screenplay.
(countable and uncountable, plural treatments)
- The process or manner of treating someone or something.
- He still has nightmares resulting from the treatment he received from his captors.
- Medical care for an illness or injury.
- A treatment or cure is applied after a medical problem has already started.
- Cancer survivors who got radiation treatments as children have nearly twice the risk of developing diabetes as adults.
- The change is due largely to the increased availability of antiretroviral treatment.
- The use of a substance or process to preserve or give particular properties to something.
- (countable) A treatise; a formal written description or characterization of a subject.
- (countable, film) A brief, third-person, present-tense summary of a proposed film.