- Regime is an accepted way things are done or a group that is in control and has power.
- An example of regime is military training.
- An example of regime is a dictatorship.
regime definition by Webster's New World
- a form of government or rule; political system
- a particular administration or government
- a social system or order
- the period of time that a person or system is in power
- regimen (sense )
Origin: French régime ; from Classical Latin regimen: see regimen
regime definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. A form of government: a fascist regime.b. A government in power; administration: suffered under the new regime.
- A prevailing social system or pattern.
- The period during which a particular administration or system prevails.
- A regulated system, as of diet and exercise; a regimen.
Origin: French régime, from Old French, from Latin regimen, from regere, to rule; see reg- in Indo-European roots.
regime - Cultural Definition
An administration, or a system of managing government.
regime - Medical Definition