The definition of prudish is overly proper or too modest.
Someone who is very proper and cannot stand hearing any sexual reference, this is an example of someone who would be described as prudish.
Marked by or exhibiting the characteristics of a prude; priggish.
(comparative more prudish, superlative most prudish)
- of excessive propriety; easily offended or shocked, especially by sexual matters
- Self-control does not necessarily imply prudish.
- A deep V-neck on a longer style will let you feel more modest than a short gown with a flirty skirt, but the exposed cleavage will keep you from feeling prudish.
- The skimpy outfits were defended by saying that the girls couldn't help being "bigger" on top and that covering up might be seen as prudish.
- Sense of Propriety - You don't have to be prudish to simply feel that some things are appropriate and occasionally downright offensive.
- In other words, no matter how prudish some of your coworkers may be, it's a way for you to have your cheesecake and eat it too.