- The definition of squeamish is someone who gets easily sick to his stomach, or someone who is easily offended.
- An example of squeamish is someone who feels like he is going to faint or vomit every time he sees a drop of blood.
- An example of squeamish is when someone is offended when they watch a movie that makes fun of their occupation.
squeamish definition by Webster's New World
- having a digestive system that is easily upset; easily nauseated; queasy
- easily shocked or offended; prudish
- excessively fastidious; oversensitive
Origin: Middle English squaymysch, earlier squaimous ; from Anglo-French escoimous, origin, originally , disdainful, shy
squeamish definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Easily nauseated or sickened.b. Nauseated.
- Easily shocked or disgusted.
- Excessively fastidious or scrupulous.
Origin: Middle English squeimous, alteration of Anglo-Norman escoymous.
- squeaˈmish·ly adverb
- squeaˈmish·ness noun