- of, like, or characteristic of the middle part of Queen Victoria's reign in Great Britain (c. 1850-90) or the culture, morals, or art of this period
- old-fashioned, prudish, morally strict, stuffy, etc.
- a person who lived during this period
- a person of mid-Victorian ideas, manners, attitudes, etc.
Relating to, occurring in, or characteristic of the middle period of the reign of Queen Victoria in Great Britain (1837–1901), a period known for rigid social standards.
- One living in this period: “The mid-Victorians had moral zeal but no religion” (Keith Thomas).
- One having rigid social standards.