- of or characteristic of the period of the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901)
- showing, variously, the middle-class respectability, prudery, bigotry, etc. generally attributed to Victorian England
- designating or of a style of architecture, decorations, and furnishings of the 19th cent., characterized by massiveness, flowery carving, and ornate design
a person of the time of Queen Victoria
- Of, relating to, or belonging to the period of the reign of Queen Victoria: a Victorian novel.
- Relating to or displaying the standards or ideals of morality regarded as characteristic of the time of Queen Victoria: Victorian manners.
- Being in the highly ornamented, massive style of architecture, decor, and furnishings popular in 19th-century England.
A person belonging to or exhibiting characteristics typical of the Victorian period.