lily-white [-hwīt′, -wīt′]
- white as a lily
- innocent and pure; unsullied: often used sarcastically
- ☆ practicing discrimination against, or segregation of, nonwhites, esp. blacks
- White as a lily.
- Beyond reproach; blameless: a man with a lily-white record.
- Informal Consisting of white people only or excluding nonwhite people.
- A shade of the color white.
- Pure, unblemished, immaculate.
- Not a pimple nor freckle marred her lily-white skin
- Innocent, having a reputation beyond reproach.
- (slang) Restricted to Caucasians; pejorative in describing a white person, as are white-bread and paleface.
How would you define lily-white? Add your definition here.
comments powered by