- Rare not harmed
- causing or seeking to cause no harm; not harmful; inoffensive
The definition of harmless is not hurting or offending anyone or anything.
An example of something harmless is a Halloween prank.
- Not causing or incapable of causing harm.
- Not intended to harm or offend; inoffensive.
- a. Of or relating to an error in a trial that would not change the outcome and therefore does not call for a reversal of the case on appeal.b. Not giving rise to legal liability: an agreement to treat another party's behavior as harmless.
(comparative more harmless, superlative most harmless)
harm + -less
- She'd looked harmless to him, beautiful and scared.
- But are there any gentle, harmless animals in your fields?
- Even though they made his instincts uneasy, they were harmless lies.
- She wondered what she'd ever feared or loathed about the harmless, ill-made book.
- Copperhead snakes and rattlesnakes are occasionally seen, and there are several species of harmless serpents.